Position: Senior Project Associate
Qualification: M.Sc. (Human Development and Childhood Studies)
Brief About Me: My rational behind deciding to work in the area of early childhood came from my innate aspiration to bring a desirable and noteworthy mark in the system dealing with children. It originates from a genuine wish to make a positive difference in people’s lives by the mean of acquired imperative skills from my empirical and theoretical knowledge during academic years. The skills and knowledge I believe I can bring with me to CECED include my determined attitude to commit myself to something, an eagerness to learn and an inherent desire to make a genuine difference as well as put something back into the system which has provided so much for me.
CECED, Ambedkar University Delhi
Project 1: “Development of Early Learning and Development Guidelines (ELDG) in India”
Project 2: “Systems Approach For Better Education Results (SABER), Early Childhood Development (ECD) in India”
Project 3: “Study of Impact of Early learning, Socialization and School readiness experiences in preschool settings on educational and behavioral outcomes along the primary stage”
Project 4: “Exploring beliefs, values and practices on disciplining of young children in context of RTE Act, 2009”
Project 5: “Framework for Right to Early Childhood Development (ECD)”
Project 6: A film on “The Window of Opportunity- Learning in Early Years”
[toggle title=”Professional Activities/Awards”]
- Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) in 2013
- Presented a paper titled “Prevalence of Premarital Sex among Youth in India- A Perspective” in national conference on Holistic Human Development: Contribution to Multidisciplinary Research organised by Rajasthan University.
- Presented a poster and rapporteur in International Conference on Early Childhood Care and Development “Supporting Children’s Holistic Learning and Development: Homes, Schools and Communities” 5-7 November 2012, Jakarta, Indonesia- Organised by the Asia-Pacific Regional Network for Early Childhood (ARNEC), the Indonesian National Coalition for ECCD, and the World Bank.
- Presented a poster in South Asian Regional Conference on ECCE- Policies and Practices: Towards 2015 & Beyond, August27-29, 2012 organised by the Centre for Early Childhood Education and Development (CECED), Ambedkar University Delhi and the World Bank.
- PUBLICATIONS: Kaul, V., Mehendale, A., Dogra, M. (2013). Right to Early Childhood Development: A Comprehensive Framework (ECED Brief-4). Centre for Early Childhood Education and Development and CARE India
[toggle title=”Areas of Interest”]
Apart from my interest in working for children, I enjoy photography and have clicked photos in many sites. Every weekend, I like to explore and understand the diversity of new places through the lens of my camera.