CECED’S INTERNSHIP POLICY
The internship program at CECED is designed to provide hands on experience to students interested in the field of Research & Evaluation, Advocacy & Networking and Capacity Building & Quality Promotion on Child Development and Education. During the course of internship, students will be facilitated to put to use their academic learning to real life contexts. The Interns can obtain experience in their field of study related to CECED objectives and acquire skills which are helpful in their professional life.An internship is offered for a specific project under the supervision of the Internship Coordinator and guidance of Project Coordinator.
- Students pursuing Masters or higher degree or Research Students are eligible to apply.
- Degree in Child Development, Psychology; Early Childhood Care and Education; and other Social Science disciplines may apply for internship.
- Proficient and fluent in working languages: English and Hindi
- Excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent University or institution records; and
- Candidates willing to undertake field travel within Delhi and outside Delhi.
- Should be proficient in Information Communication Technology (ICT).
Application and Selection Process
- CECED announces its internship projects on its website (ceced.net), web portal (www.ecceportal.in) and on Face Book (www.facebook.com/ceced.aud) and on AUD website (www.aud.ac.in).
- Candidate should submit the area of interest for internship along with the following documents to the Internship Coordinator at least one month prior to proposed internship start date:
- Covering Letter specifying the area of interest and period of internship
- Latest Curriculum Vitae
- Letter from University/ Department (The letter should clearly state that you are a student of the respective institute, pursuing a course (course name) and that you are applying for an internship at CECED, AUD Delhi and the institute supports your application. The letter should also state the duration of internship; it should have the seal of the institution and the contact number or email id and signature of the professor/registrar/authorized signatory issuing the letter.)
- Two academic references
- Applicants should send their applications through their Head of the Department/Institute/ University addressed to Director, CECED, Room No.307, Admin Block, Ambedkar University, Kashmere Gate , New Delhi-110006 or e-mail to email@example.com
- Research scholars would be given first preference followed by final year Postgraduate students for internship.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Internship Coordinator and prospective Project Coordinator.
- Applications will be evaluated based on the match between the academic background and the project, and needs of the Centre
- Students seeking to receive academic credit for their internship should specify this requirement in their application along with the name and contact details of their home institution’s internship supervisor. If specific credentials are required for a supervisor to qualify, the applicant must mention those criteria.
- Short-listed candidates will be interviewed in person, telephonically or via Skype.
- Successful candidates will receive a formal letter of invitation to intern at CECED.
- The letter will state the Project in which internship is allotted along with duration and TOR.
Terms of Internship
- A letter will be sent from CECED accepting the candidate for internship with project details and TOR
- A formal letter of acceptance, duly signed by authorised signatory of your University/ Department/ Institute needs to be submitted to CECED before the date of joining.
- Communicate with the Internship Coordinator and your Project Coordinator for any queries prior to arrival
- A copy of all your Education Certificates self-attested needs to be submitted in office.
- Qualified candidate will be reporting to designated Project Coordinator
- Intern will be provided with minimum logistic support in office as per availability and requirement i.e. space with access to computer facility which is shared and other stationery required for office work. It is advisable to bring own laptop for convenience.
- All successful out-stationed applicants are expected to make their own arrangements for travel, lodging and living expenses during the internship period. CECD does not provide any relocation or moving related reimbursements.
- If interns are required to travel (locally or outstation) related to the project field work during internship, expenditure towards travel, accommodation and food will be reimbursed as per CECED Policy.
- No stipend is offered to the interns
- Duration of internship will not be exceeding a period of 3 months and not less than 30 days.
- As internships are for short durations. Interns are not allowed leave except for sickness or for exceptional circumstances approved in advance by the Internship Coordinator and Senior Project Officer. The procedure laid down in CECED policy needs to be followed. However, the Intern will be eligible for National holidays, if any apart from Saturdays Sundays.
- There are 2 time slots and interns need to opt for one slot. The two slots are 10:00 a.m.—4:00 p.m. and 11a.m.—5:00 p.m and need to follow CECED’s Administrative policy
- Intern will be required to return all the office assets if issued like laptop, pen drive, camera, books, reading material etc. before leaving.
- Intern will be allowed to access the relevant office documents, files, data related to the assignment only after the prior approval of Internship Coordinator.
- Each Intern will be required to present a brief report/paper at the end of their assignment highlighting their observations and the suggestions, if any to their Coordinator.
- After a satisfactory internship performance and on receipt of endorsement of satisfactory performance by his/her Coordinator, CECED will issue a letter/certificate of experience to the intern. If required, an intern may be requested to make a presentation on her/his project work to the other team members.
- Intern will be responsible for submission of all final reports and documents to the Project Coordinator and Internship Coordinator.
- An intern must adhere to CECED Policies. In case of any indiscipline or misconduct, CECED reserves the right to terminate the internship at any point of time.