The Centre for Early Childhood Education and Development (CECED) is envisaged as an institution that brings together research, policy and practice in the area of ECED within a coherent and holistic conceptual frame. CECED is a part of Ambedkar University, Delhi (AUD) which has been established by the Government of the NCT Delhi. CECED’s vision is to promote systemic understanding of developmentally and contextually appropriate and inclusive Early Childhood Education and Development (ECED) with a focus on early learning. CECED specifically aims to provide a ‘single window’ approach to ECED by serving as:
- A hub for documentation, knowledge creation and theory building through longitudinal, multi-disciplinary and multi-centric research and documentation and its dissemination.
- A technical resource for promotion of quality and related capacity building for policy makers, professional, practitioners, parents and community.
- A clearing house and a repository of information/data on ECED.
Focal areas of CECED
Research, Evaluation and Documentation
- Evolving indigenous theoretical and empirical models that address multi-dimensional understanding of needs and characteristic of children in diverse and plural contexts.
- Developing insights into the interface between integrated child development and early education.
- Assessing, evaluating, documenting ECED provisions and good practices from the perspective of access, equity, quality, utilization and impact. These could include parental child rearing, day-care, pre-school and all other contexts in which children are provided care and early learning.
Quality promotion inclusion and capacity building
- Facilitating developing of a quality framework that addresses standards, curricula, materials, assessment for day care, pre-school and early primary years, ensuring continuity along the continuum.
- Reviewing, developing and trialling of on-site and off-site capacity building strategies, materials, evaluation tool and techniques.
- Reviewing, developing, trialling of strategies, tools, materials and guidelines for programme monitoring, assessment, accreditation in different contexts.
Advocacy and Networking
- Developing a communication and advocacy to reach all stakeholders so as to regulate quality of demand for ECED.
- Maintaining a web portal for professional sharing and interaction and linking with networks of ECED professionals and organizations, national and international.
- Establishing and maintaining a data base on ECED.
- Contributing to the development of second generation professional leadership in ECED in the country.